EMA Bounce Not Trading

Posted 8 days ago by Joey Kinlaw

Please don't post any personal or confidential info (like machine id, payment details etc) here, rather submit a ticket related to those queries from above menu.

Solved
Joey Kinlaw

Hello I need help with the strategy. I have loaded up on my chart. It seems that the strategy should have been trading, but it did not take one trade. I have posted several attachments of my chart and my settings. Could you please help me out with this. 

Thanks!

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by

Support Agent posted 7 days ago

Hi Joey, 

Thanks for your patience. I have tested the strategy with NQ market replay existing data I have on a 15 min chart. It did place the orders. But from my investigation, I think, you are simply using the default settings for the instrument you are testing for. I would recommend to change the settings from default settings (as default settings are not for all the instruments). You can try unchecking some EMA options etc, increase or decrease tick distance or other values within settings and test again. Please see the attachment from my testing for your info.

This strategy is working fine and will only place orders when the reuired cretia are met. So I would recommend to try different settings for your instrument and TF.

Regards,

Rize Capital Support

Attachments (1)

0 Votes

Support Agent posted 7 days ago

Hi Joey,

I am going to investigate this further and will try to recreate it for you. I will reply with further info and update you here, as soon as I have completed my investigation. Thanks in advance for your patience. Until then, could you please confirm which version of NinjaTrader you are using?

Regards,

0 Votes

Joey Kinlaw posted 8 days ago

I’m running in replay and no trades at all. Could you help or remote in if possible?

Attachments (1)

0 Votes

Joey Kinlaw posted 8 days ago

Okay got it. Thank you. Could you point me in the direction on how to setup the market replay data as I am unsure on how to do this. I’m coming from trading view platform. 

0 Votes

Support Agent posted 8 days ago

Hi Joey,

Thanks for your post. I can see you are testing it with sim account which may take a long time, as it's a fully automated trading strategy and it will only execute orders when all logics are met. If you are testing it to understand the strategy and to optimize, I would suggest to use market replay data and test with Playback account first. When you are familiar with it and you have got a settings which works for you, then test the same with sim account. I hope this helps. However, if you still face same no trade with market replay data, please let us know here in your reply. But I would recommend to use sufficient amount of market replay data.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment